PARATA SYSTEMS, LLC PRIVACY STATEMENT
Last updated: May 28, 2018
- The types of information we collect and use
- How we use and share such information
- The security of your information
- Your choices regarding our use of your information
- Your ability to review and correct your information
Revisions to this Policy
Third Party Privacy Policies or Statements
A Special Notice About Children
Individual users who visit the Website will remain anonymous unless they voluntarily tell us who they are. However, we may track the network address from which people visit the Website and analyze the data for trends and statistics.
WHAT WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
Collection of Personal Information
“Personally Identifiable Information” and “Personal Information” mean any information by which you, individually, can be identified, such as your name, address, telephone number, etc. It may also include other information that you provide to us through our Website or which you authorize third parties to provide to us. Sometimes (e.g., when you purchase or order a product or service) we ask you to provide personal information about yourself, such as your:
- E-mail address
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Credit card information
- Company Name,
- Type of organization, and
- Role/position of user at company.
We may also maintain a record of your online purchases and we may ask you for personal information when you ask us for or download information.
Whether or not you choose to provide the information we request is entirely up to you and you are not under any statutory or legal obligation to provide Personal Information. But if you choose not to provide the information we request, you may be unable to purchase products or services or access certain services, offers, and content on the Website.
Use of Personal Information
Your personal information enables us to do the following:
- to contact you if you have requested information or communication from us;
- to determine the country in which you are located for compliance purposes (including without limitation export compliance) and for security, anti-piracy, and fraud prevention purposes;
- to help verify that existing personal information about you in our possession is accurate and complete;
- to provide you with product updates and upgrades, special offers, pricing information, newsletters, and other information, either on our own behalf or in some cases on behalf of an affiliate or client acting as their agent, where you have consented to receive it;
- to undertake any other promotional activities where you have consented to such promotional activities;
- in connection with keys, access codes or other information as may be required to permit you to access the websites or services of our affiliates to receive products, updates or services;
- for the purposes identified in a specific Supplemental Privacy Notice posted on the page or area of this Site where you provided that information;
- to verify compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations;
- if you visit this Site for the purposes of conducting a purchase transaction:
- to take, verify, process or deliver your order, process or obtain payment, verify your tax or tax-exempt status, contest chargebacks, determine your eligibility for a line of credit, or notify you of the status of your order;
- for fraud and piracy prevention purposes;
- to provide you, to the extent permitted by law, with a personalized experience;
- to register your purchase with the manufacturer or service provider for warranty, technical support or similar purposes;
- to provide notice of your purchase to the provider of an online service for which you purchase a service use right from us, for example, in order for the service provider to enable your access to the service;
- to establish an account for future purchases by you if you have consented to the creation of an account;
- to facilitate the renewal of subscriptions for products or services; and
- to provide you with effective customer service (which may to the extent and in a manner permitted by applicable law, include contacting visitors who commence but do not complete a checkout process to follow up on the incomplete session or to see if there was a problem with their use of this Site), and/or technical support.
We restrict access to Personal Information solely to those employees who need such information to provide products or services to you.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
When you visit the Website, we may collect usage information (“Session Data”) that is anonymous and is not linked to you as an individual. Session Data may include browser type and version, time zone setting, geolocation data, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, and platform. We may use Session Data for a variety of reasons, including to better understand things like how the Website is navigated, how many visitors arrive at specific pages, and the length and frequency of stays on the Website.
More specifically, we may use anonymous information collected by us:
- to personalize and support your use of this Site, our services, and/or the services of our affiliates;
- to improve this Site, the customer experience, our advertising systems, and our products and services;
- for fraud prevention purposes, such as device fingerprinting;
- to identify actions or transactions as originating through an affiliate marketing or referral program;
- to deliver targeted advertisements on this Site and other websites and/or commerce solutions;
- to provide reporting to our current and prospective affiliates and service providers; and
- for other historical, statistical or research and analysis purposes.
In addition, we may “de-identify” personal information by removing any information that identifies you specifically, and use the rest for the purposes set forth above. We may also collect other Non-Personally Identifiable Information and will use such information for various other reasons, including to provide products or services to you.
We collect IP address information from any visitor to the Website. We log IP addresses for system administrative purposes only. IP addresses are not used for identification. This information helps us determine how often different areas of the Website are visited. We do not link IP addresses to any information that is personally identifiable.
Sharing of Personal Information
With Partners and Third Parties
We may share your personal information with our partners and with third- party independent contractors for the following purposes:
- performing functions on behalf of the Company, such as processing credit card transactions,
- as necessary to provide products or services to you,
- providing you with product and service offers through e-mail or postal mail, and/or
- tracking information generated through the
We may also share your personal information with third party vendors who offer products, services, or other information we think may interest you.
These vendors may keep and use your personal information whether or not you purchase their products or services. Your personal information is subject to the privacy policies of these vendors. Contact them directly for information on their policies or to opt out of promotional communications from them.
In some instances, we may disclose aggregate information about users of the Website to our service providers, partners, advertisers, or others, but such information will not include any personal information about you.
Transfer of Personal Information to Successor Organization
We reserve the right to transfer all information and data in our possession, custody, or control to a successor organization in the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, or other sale of all or a portion of our assets. Any acquirer or successor organization will remain subject to the terms of this Privacy Disclosure.
For Legal Matters
The Company also may disclose information we may have, identifiable or not, as necessary for the following purposes:
- to comply with a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or other legal process;
- to comply with legal, regulatory, or administrative requirements of any governmental authorities;
- as necessary for defending or bringing a legal action on behalf of the Company, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and their officers, managers, directors, employees, attorneys, agents, contractors, and partners, in connection with any legal action, claim, or dispute;
- to enforce the Terms and Conditions of Use of the Website; and/or
- to prevent imminent physical harm; and in the event that we find that your actions on the Website violate any laws, our Terms and Conditions of Use, or any of our usage guidelines for specific products or
Surveys & Contests
From time-to-time our Website requests information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
Impact of Other Technologies
Cookies and Other Similar Technologies
- name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet (for example, msn.com, aol.com, );
- Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using;
- browser software you use and your operating system;
- date and time you access the Website; and/or
- Internet address of the Website from which you clicked through to our Website and any external links you clicked to leave our Website.
We use two different types of cookies on the Website:
- Session cookies track the user’s progression through the Website and session data for a single visit. These cookies enable us to follow the user as they progress from one page to another. Your session cookies expire at the end of your browser session. In addition, if you leave your browser open for a prolonged period, they are set to automatically expire.
- Persistent cookies are stored on your device between browser sessions, allowing us to remember you and your preferences on the Website. We may use a persistent cookie to remember such information as your user name and/or name.
We use Google Analytics and other similar tracking services in order to analyze traffic and performance related to the Website. To learn how Google uses data when you use our Website, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Do-Not-Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms
Some Web browsers may transmit do-not-track (DNT) signals to websites with which the browser communicates. We will automatically collect cookies and other non-personally identifying information when you visit our Website, unless your Web browser transmits a DNT signal to our Website.
Social Media Plugins
If you are logged into a social media website (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Google+) while browsing on our Website, the social media plugins allow that social media website to share with its users’ information about your activities on our Website. We do not control any of the content from the social media plugins. (See social media websites for their privacy and data sharing statements.)
The Company contracts with a third party to maintain and host the Website. Therefore, any information you submit, including personal information, will be placed and stored on a computer server maintained by this third-party host. The third party has agreed to implement technology and security features and strict policy guidelines to safeguard the privacy of your personal information from unauthorized access or improper use.
Retention and Disposal of Information
We retain your information as long as we determine it is required for the operation of our business and to meet legal, regulatory, and other requirements. We take reasonable steps to ensure that information is disposed of securely when we no longer require such data.
The Company does not provide the technologies used to build the Website, and therefore neither recommends nor endorses the same. Any information regarding identified technologies, including their capabilities, limitations, and applications, should be sought directly from their manufacturers. The Company hereby disclaims any rights to trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, copyrights, patents, domain names, or other intellectual property interests of third parties.
Other Privacy Information
Links to Other Sites
International Visitors to the Website
Our Website is operated and managed on servers located and operated within the United States. By visiting and using our Website, residents and citizens of countries and jurisdictions outside the United States understand and consent to the transfer, processing and sharing of information about yourself to companies located in the United States. You understand that the privacy laws of the United States may not be as comprehensive as those in your country or jurisdiction, and you agree and consent to the transfer of your personal information to us. We may store and process your personal information in the United States or abroad.
We take commercially reasonable steps to maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your information. These safeguards may include data encryption, access authorization, firewalls, and physical access control to our data centers. We use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving identifiable information.
Securing Your Personal Information
We have implemented a number of security features throughout the Website to prevent the unauthorized release of, or access to, the user- identifiable information that we collect.
While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also protect user-identifiable information off-line. All of the information that we collect, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees or relevant third parties (as needed) who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, our customer support representatives) are granted access to user-identifiable information. Furthermore, all employees are kept up-to- date on our security and privacy practices.
Please be advised, however, that although we have endeavored to create a secure and reliable website for you, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to/from this site cannot be guaranteed. We urge you to exercise caution when conveying user- identifiable information over the Internet. When disclosing any user- identifiable information, you should remain mindful of the fact that it is potentially accessible to the public and, consequently, may be collected and used by others without your consent. You should therefore consider carefully if you want to submit sensitive information that you would not want disclosed to the public. You should also recognize that your use of the Internet and the Website is solely at your own risk. You agree that we have no responsibility or liability for the security of user-identifiable information transmitted via the Website or via the Internet in general.
Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard
In order to protect your Personal Information, we comply with the security standards (PCI DSS) required by the PCI Security Standards Council (the “Council”).
The Council was founded in 2006 by five prominent payment brands—including American Express, Discover Financial Services, JCB International, MasterCard, and Visa Inc. This global forum is responsible for the development, management, education, and awareness of security standards for credit and debit cards.
PCI DSS applies to all entities involved in payment card processing. This includes retailers where consumer purchases are made, payment card processors, credit card issuers, and service providers. We continually review our payment card security practices to ensure that those practices satisfy the requirements of the most current version of the PCI DSS compliance standards.
If you suspect that you have received a phishing or other type of fraudulent communication, you should not:
- Click on any links in the offending email;
- Open any attachments related to the communication;
- Call any telephone numbers provided in the communication; or
- Follow instructions contained in the communication.
If the phishing or other fraudulent communication purports to be associated with the Website, you should report the communication to the Website by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. You should attach the unsolicited communication to your e-mail report.
Actions You Can Take
Correcting/Updating Your Information
You may review and approve the information about you or your organization collected upon registration. If any of this information changes, or if you no longer wish to use the Website, we will correct, update, or remove the information that you have provided to us. You may request that we do so by contacting Customer Support (see contact information below).
To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before making corrections or granting access to your information.
Avoiding Cookie Downloads
Some consumers may not know that cookies are being placed on their computers when they visit websites. If you want to know when this happens, or to prevent it from happening, you can set your browser to advise you when a website attempts to place a cookie on your computer.
You may opt out of having your personal information shared for receiving product offers directly from us via e-mail or postal mail. To do so, contact Customer Support, identifying which communications you choose not to receive.
If you choose not to give us your personal information at all, you can still access the Website; however, you will not be able to access areas that require personal information.
You may not opt-out of receiving administrative e-mails related to your account except by terminating your account.
Requesting a Disclosure (California Residents Only)
Our IT Security & Privacy Officer
We have appointed an IT Security & Privacy Officer, who is responsible for ensuring that the protection of your Personal Information or other information collected is carried out in accordance with this Privacy Disclosure.
The following person serves as our IT Security & Privacy Officer:
Anton Janssen; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Postal mail: 106 Roche Drive, Durham, NC 27703.
Compliance and Cooperation with Regulatory Authorities
106 Roche Drive
Durham, NC 27703