Award Finalists and Attendees to Enjoy Entertainment by Craig Karges at the San Diego Zoo
CRANBURY, N.J. (March 16, 2017) ‑ Pharmacy Times® and Parata Systems, founding partners of the Next-Generation Pharmacist® awards, today announced the annual gala will be held Aug. 19 at the San Diego Zoo. Next-Generation Pharmacist® is the industry’s leading national awards program, recognizing outstanding pharmacists, technicians, student pharmacists and industry advocates.
Celebrating innovation and inspiration, the event will recognize Next-Generation Pharmacist® finalists for their leadership, passion and commitment to an evolving health care industry. As part of the awards gala, attendees will enjoy entertainment from award-winning mentalist and magician Craig Karges. Karges has made appearances on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and Larry King Live, as well as CNN Headline News, Fox News Channel, E! Entertainment Television and CNBC.
The gala provides an opportunity for finalists and category winners to receive their awards and be recognized by their peers for this exclusive industry honor. One winner will be named the 2017 Next-Generation Pharmacist®, the program’s top honor, and will be featured on the August 2017 cover of Pharmacy Times®.
An independent panel of judges, chaired by Pharmacy Times® editor-in-chief Troy Trygstad, PharmD, PhD, MBA, will evaluate entries. Judges include industry leaders from health care systems, retail pharmacies, hospitals, academia, associations, pharmaceutical manufacturers, and more. The following will join Trygstad on the panel this year:
- Mark Aurit, RPh, Gateway Pharmacy
- Lawrence “LB” Brown, PharmD, PhD, FAPhA, Chapman University School of Pharmacy
- Verender Gail Brown, BS, RPhT, CPhT, School District of Osceola County
- Thomas D. Chiampas, PharmD, BCPS, AAHIVP, University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Pharmacy
- Michel Disco, BSPharm, RPh, MBA, University of New Mexico, College of Pharmacy
- DJ Dougherty, CEO, Parata
- Susan Drelicharz, PharmD, Walgreen Co.
- Michelle Earich, CPhT, retired, The Wellington Group
- Fred Eckel, RPh, MS, ScD (Hon)
- Michael Evans, RPh, Geisinger Health System
- Sharon Faust, PharmD, Lumicera Health Services
- LTC Leslie Gibbs Walthall, PharmD, USAR, Landstuhl Regional Medical Center
- Art Jacknowitz, PharmD, School of Pharmacy, West Virginia University
- Gary Keil, PhD, RPh, Pharmacy Leadership & Education Institute
- Georg Kress, RPh, Walgreens Co.
- Bob Lomenick, RPh, Tyson Drug
- Vanessa MacGregor, PharmD, Specialty Pharmacy Director
- Michael Manolakis, PharmD, PhD, Wingate University, School of Pharmacy
- Diane Martin, RPh, Greater Lawrence Family Health Center
- Mariam Mobley Smith, PharmD, FASHP, Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)
- Joe Moose, PharmD, Moose Pharmacy
- LTC Jeffrey Neigh, MBA, MHA, BCPS, USAR, American Pharmacists Association
- Rebecca Snead, National Alliance of State Pharmacy Associations
- Melissa Somma McGivney, FCCP, FAPha, University of Pittsburgh, School of Pharmacy
- Dan Steiber, RPh, Editor-in-Chief, Specialty Pharmacy Times ®
- Samuel Stolpe, PharmD, Scientific Technologies Corporation
- Jennifer Thackray, PharmD, BCPS, BCPPS, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Lisa Tonrey, MHA, RPh, PhC, FAPhA, Capt. USPHS (ret)
There are 10 categories for the 2017 Next-Generation Pharmacist® awards, and nominations are being accepted through March 31. Up to three finalists will be named in each category, with all finalists being featured in the June 2017 issue of Pharmacy Times® and on nextgenpharmacist.com. This year’s categories include:
- Civic Leader
- Future Pharmacist
- Health-System Pharmacist
- Lifetime Leadership
- Patient Care Provider
- Rising Star
- Specialty Pharmacist
- Technology Innovator
For complete category descriptions, eligibility requirements, and online nomination submissions, visit www.nextgenpharmacist.com. For regular updates, follow Next-Generation Pharmacist® on Twitter and Facebook.
About Parata Systems, LLC
Parata Systems provides pharmacy technology solutions that support business growth, better health outcomes, and lower medical costs. Founded in Durham, North Carolina, in 2001, Parata is trusted by thousands of pharmacies throughout the United States. Parata is committed to providing solutions that empower pharmacists to elevate their role and keep pace in today’s outcomes-based health care system. For more information, visit https://parata.com.
About Pharmacy Times®
Pharmacy Times® is the leading media resource for pharmacists and the pharmacy industry, providing practical clinical and professional information pharmacists can use in their everyday practices when counseling patients and interacting with other health care providers. Each issue and the website contain articles and features covering industry trends, medication errors, drug interactions, patient education, disease state management, patient counseling, product news, pharmacy law and more. Additionally, Pharmacy Times Continuing Education™ is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Pharmacy Times® is part of Michael J. Hennessy Associates, Inc., a full-service health care communications company offering education, research and medical media. For more information, visit pharmacytimes.com.
Next-Generation Pharmacist® is a trademark of Parata Systems, LLC.
# # #