Parata Systems and Pharmacy Times Extend Nomination Deadline for 2015 Next-Generation Pharmacist® Awards
Independent Panel of Esteemed Judges Announced
PLAINSBORO, N.J. (April 13, 2015) — Parata Systems and Pharmacy Times, founding sponsors of the Next-Generation Pharmacist® awards — the industry’s leading national awards program — today extended the nomination deadline for this year’s entries. Nominations for the 2015 Next-Generation Pharmacist awards are now being accepted through April 24 at nextgenerationpharmacist.com.
Now in its sixth year, the annual program recognizes outstanding pharmacists, technicians, student pharmacists and industry advocates. This year’s nomination categories are:
- Civic Leader
- Future Pharmacist
- Health-System Pharmacist (NEW Category)
- Lifetime Leadership
- Military Pharmacist
- Patient Care Provider
- Rising Star
- Specialty Pharmacist
- Technology Innovator
To view the detailed category descriptions and submit nominations online, visit nextgenerationpharmacist.com. For regular updates, follow Next-Generation Pharmacist on Twitter (@NextGenPharm) and Facebook.
Up to three finalists will be named in each category. These finalists will be featured in the July 2015 issue of Pharmacy Times and on nextgenerationpharmacist.com. One winner will be named the 2015 Next-Generation Pharmacist and be featured on the August 2015 cover of Pharmacy Times. The program culminates in Orlando, Fla., on Thursday, Aug. 6, with an awards gala at Soundstage 33 — right in the heart of Universal Studios Florida®.
Judges for 2015 Next-Generation Pharmacist Awards Announced
An independent panel of esteemed judges, chaired by Pharmacy Times editor-in-chief Fred M. Eckel, R.Ph., M.S., will evaluate nominated entries based on adherence to professional standards, experience as it relates to each category and advancement of the profession.
Parata Systems and Pharmacy Times are pleased to announce the following judges:
- Douglas Anderson, Cedarville University
- Mark Aurit, Gateway Pharmacy
- Amy Bachyrycz, University of New Mexico College of Pharmacy and Walgreens Patient Care Center in Albuquerque
- Ed Cohen, Walgreens Health Services
- Bob Davis, Kennedy Pharmacy Innovation
- Kevin Delaney, Pickpoint Corporation
- Michelle Earich, The Wellington Group, LLC
- Fred Eckel, Pharmacy Times
- Stephen Eckel, UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy
- Diane Gatchell, Greater Lawrence Family Health Center
- Colleen Jenkins, St. Luke’s Health System/Outpatient Pharmacy
- Gary Keil, Pharmacy Leadership & Education Institute
- Bob Lomenick, Tyson Drugs
- Michael Manolakis, Wingate University, School of Pharmacy
- Mike McShea, Eli Lilly and Company
- Joe Moose, Moose Pharmacy
- LTC Jeffrey J. Neigh, Blanchfield Army Community Hospital
- COL (Ret.) William Pickard, Campbell University, College of Pharmacy and Health Services
- Tom Rhoads, HAP Innovations
- Leal Sandra, SinfoniaRx
- Rebecca Snead, National Alliance of State Pharmacy Associations
- Dan Steiber, Pharma Consulting, LLC
- Sam Stolpe, Pharmacy Quality Alliance
- Julienne Tran, Ahold USA
- Troy Trygstad, Community Care of North Carolina
- COL Keith Wagner, Dwight David Eisenhower Army Medical Center
- Leslie Walthall, Medical Education and Training Campus, Pharmacy Technician Training Program (METC-ID-AS)
About Parata Systems
Parata provides technology solutions to support coordinated care, better health outcomes and lower medical costs, empowering pharmacists to grow their businesses. Founded in 2001, the Durham, N.C.-based company is a brand trusted by more than 12,000 pharmacies and a growing number of global health care professionals serving diverse patient populations. Our technology has filled more than 2.5 billion prescriptions, helping pharmacists avoid an estimated 15 million medication errors. For more information, visit parata.com, contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-PARATA1 (727-2821), or check us out on Facebook or Twitter.
About Pharmacy Times
Pharmacy Times is the industry’s leading publication, providing practical, clinical information pharmacists can use in their everyday practices when counseling patients and interacting with physicians. Each issue contains articles and features covering medication errors, drug interactions, patient education, pharmacy technology, disease state management, patient counseling, product news, pharmacy law and specialty pharmacy. The Pharmacy Times Office of Continuing Professional Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Learn more at www.PharmacyTimes.com, write to email@example.com, call 609-716-7777 or visit us on Facebook and on Twitter. Pharmacy Times is published by Michael J. Hennessy Associates, Inc., a leading provider of health care publications, research, information and education.
Next-Generation Pharmacist is a registered trademark of Parata Systems, LLC.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2015 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.
For Pharmacy Times
Tara Petersen, editorial director, 609-716-7777, ext. 214 or firstname.lastname@example.org;
Becky Taylor, 609-240-6886 or email@example.com
Dawn Astorino, marketing manager, 919-433-4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org