ASHP Posters and McKesson RxO Consulting Team Demonstrate How to Achieve Impact that Counts
ORLANDO, December 1, 2017—McKesson will showcase its clinical expertise and comprehensive suite of technology solutions designed to help hospital and health system pharmacy leaders track, manage and grow pharmacy operations to achieve meaningful impact for patients, the pharmacy, and their health system, at the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) Midyear Clinical Meeting 2017, which runs from Dec. 3 – 7, 2017.
“This year at ASHP, McKesson RxO is focused on delivering the expertise and technology solutions that help health system pharmacies to achieve impact that counts,” said Mark Eastham, B.S., R.Ph., senior vice president and general manager, McKesson RxO. “Through one-on-one consultations with pharmacy experts and technology demos, McKesson will offer actionable insights that enable pharmacies to track drug spend and increase control over their bottom line, manage operational efficiency and the quality of care, and grow through the discovery of new revenue opportunities.”
McKesson Booth – Technology Solution Demonstrations
Visitors to McKesson Booth #1241 will have the opportunity to engage in one-on-one conversations with McKesson RxO advisors and get firsthand demonstrations of new technology solutions designed to address top pharmacy challenges:
- McKesson RxOTM helps health systems improve financial and operational outcomes through its evidence-based programs, products and services including pharmacy revenue cycle analysis and support, and indigent drug recovery solutions. McKesson RxO will also provide an early look at its Utilization AnalyticsTM solution that brings together disparate data within the health system across patient accounting, clinical, pharmacy, and reimbursement to one source to drive meaningful insights. In addition, McKesson’s supply chain management solutions such as its competitive generics portfolio, lean Six Sigma methodologies and training, timely drug shortage information, and single-source access to specialty products helps customers increase efficiency and deliver measurable, time-saving results. McKesson provides actionable pharmacy insights through detailed drug spend analytics, 340B program management, improved billing accuracy and more.
- McKesson High Volume Solutions is featuring its new Central Fill as a Service (CFaaS) product, which is a first-of-its-kind solution that allows outpatient pharmacies to realize the benefits of central fill for a small per script fee that is lower than their current cost to fill. McKesson focuses on its area of expertise, dispensing and distribution, allowing the pharmacy to focus on patient care. McKesson owns and operates the equipment and inventory, only billing the pharmacy when the prescription is actually dispensed. Partnering with McKesson allows health systems to realize the benefits of central fill without the associated equipment and inventory carrying costs while maintaining control of their pharmacy license, staff and patients.
- Macro Helix is featuring its latest solution, NDC ArchitectSM, which was built to simplify and automate the billing process for carving-in Medicaid. It is a sophisticated claims-editing solution that can help improve charge accuracy to save time and money. The user-friendly tool collects and analyzes data from hospital patient visits and updates billing system records to ensure that each bill accurately reflects the specific drugs administered. Evaluating and updating claims at the individual charge level helps to maximize both reimbursement and 340B savings.
- McKesson Pharmacy Systems (MPS) will be providing live demos of the EnterpriseRx® pharmacy management system and its integrated Adherence Performance Solution and Clinical Programs SolutionTM The centralized pharmacy management system can help simplify workflow, increase prescription volume capacity, integrate with central fill operations, manage resources and information centrally, in real time, for system-wide access and monitoring and results in reduced DIR fees, providing enhanced patient experience.
- Supplylogix will be demonstrating its Pinpoint® suite of intelligence solutions. A highly scalable web services platform, the Pinpoint suite of technology products enable pharmacies to gain a competitive advantage through streamlined visibility and thoughtful asset management. These software as a service tools provide key insights and drive decision making throughout every stage of the inventory lifecycle. Compliance features assess risk and help to identify theft while easily monitoring controlled substances across an organization.
- McKesson’s automation partner, Parata, will demonstrate its vial and pouch packaging solutions. Parata automation allows health system pharmacists to free up labor for other value-added activities such as medication reconciliation consulting, patient education, and post-discharge interventions to improve patient outcomes. Parata Max® and Parata Mini® robotic vial dispensing technologies fill scripts safely, prevent controlled-substance diversion, manage an increasing script volume, and store, monitor and track drugs safely and securely. The Parata PASS 208® pouch packager organizes medications the way patients take them, by day and time of dose. The Parata Perl™ Pouch Inspector automates and accelerates pouch verification with speed and accuracy rates the industry has never seen before. Parata’s pouch packaging solutions empower pharmacists to take a more proactive role in patient outcomes, avoid readmission for discharged patients, support common “med to bed” health system programs, and provide services to other health system entities such as a hospice or care center.
- A McKesson Ventures-backed portfolio company – PipelineRx – will feature its newest solution for discharge management. Leveraging the company’s PowerGridRx™ cloud-based pharmacy platform, hospitals and health systems can deliver clinical pharmacist expertise to patients and their caregivers at the time of discharge. This solution is designed to improve outcomes, reduce readmissions, and increase patient satisfaction by enhancing communication and workflow for medication adherence after discharge. By focusing on eight diagnoses identified by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services for readmission penalties or by using the LACE Index scoring tool, hospitals can target those patients at highest risk of readmission and support better outcomes through the appropriate use of medications after the patient has returned home.
ASHP Poster Sessions to Feature McKesson Solutions
ASHP will feature a number of McKesson customers and solutions in poster sessions covering the following topics:
- “The revision of inpatient antineoplastic infusion admission guidelines for cost containment,” Monday, Dec. 4 from 2:30 – 4:30 p.m.
- “Pharmacy financial reporting package: budget variance evaluation and identification of expense mitigation initiatives,” Monday, Dec. 4 from 2:30 – 4:30 p.m.
- “Pharmacist managed anemia clinic improves guideline adherence for darbepoetin,” Tuesday, Dec. 5 from 2:30 – 4 p.m.
About McKesson Corporation
McKesson Corporation, currently ranked 5th on the FORTUNE 500, is a global leader in healthcare supply chain management solutions, retail pharmacy, community oncology and specialty care, and healthcare information technology. McKesson partners with pharmaceutical manufacturers, providers, pharmacies, governments and other organizations in healthcare to help provide the right medicines, medical products and healthcare services to the right patients at the right time, safely and cost-effectively. United by our ICARE shared principles, our employees work every day to innovate and deliver opportunities that make our customers and partners more successful — all for the better health of patients. McKesson has been named the “Most Admired Company” in the healthcare wholesaler category by FORTUNE, a “Best Place to Work” by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation, and a top military-friendly company by Military Friendly. For more information, visit mckesson.com.