The health care team is changing. Have you defined your role?
The U.S. health care system is undergoing a dramatic transition as the industry strives to achieve the goals of the Affordable Care Act (ACA or ObamaCare) to improve an inefficient, unsustainable system.
Patient care is becoming more integrated and coordinated, focusing on the value and quality of care rather than on volume of services provided. With this change, pharmacists have a key role to play.
For easy reading, this ebook is broken into six sections:
- What Ails the U.S. Health Care System?
- The Challenges of Health Care Reform
- New Models of Patient Care
- Emerging Roles for Pharmacists
- How Pharmacists Can Expand Their Role
- Integrated Technology: The Missing Link